Monday 23 March 2015

Red Entry 2


Ok. So it is day two of my journey and I regret so much that I took a boat. The river is full of rapids and steep declines. I feel like my boat will fall apart any second. But I know That once I get out of the mountains It will be less dangerous. Today I stop for hospitality at a old rice farmer’s house. The farmers name was Zu. We had rice with chicken and vegetables with green tea after dinner. After tea we said a quick prayer and headed to bed. Zu led me to the guest room to sleep. In the morning I left Zu’s house and headed out again. Man it is cold I should have brought a jacket. When will I get out of these mountains. There wasn’t much wind today so I had to go down below the deck and row. It was really stuffy down there and I couldn’t really steer the boat. I was rowing hard when I felt the boat lunge forward. I held on to my seat tight. SMASH! the boat shattered. I quickly swam out of the boat wreckage and on to the shore. I looked up stream. OOh I said to myself. Aparently when i was under the deck the boat went off a waterfall. I sat there for a second in shock. My 20 cowrie shell boat in pieces. How am I supposed to finish my journey now I thought. I don’t have enough money to buy another boat so I will go by a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment