Monday 23 March 2015

Edna Post 4

Blog Post 4
April 6, 329 BC

I am sitting on the back of my new horse right now, but before I continue on my journey, I clear up a few details. I arrived at a ranch with tons of horses. I ended up buying a horse named Hai, which means coming from the sea. And, seeing that we were traveling from Wuhan to the ocean, he seemed like he would be a good pick. I paid the horse seller 5 silver coins for him. I bought a months worth of horse food and bags to connect to his saddle for water and food for me. Now all we would have to do is ride for a week or so and we would arrive in Shanghai.

April 9, 329 BC

Its been a few days now and I have reached the outskirts of Shanghai. The Yangtze river is a beautiful greenish blue color today, and I have never been happier to see it. Hai is starting to get restless from all this endless running, but we are luckily going to be there in a matter of days.
 
April 10, 329 BC

I decided that I should take a break from all this endless riding and treat myself. And I know what you are thinking, and sadly, it is NOT prunes. I am going to a monkey who will share with me the basic beliefs of buddhism.

Well, just about the only things I learned are 1. Apparently we aren’t taught by monkeys, but by monks, and 2. Buddha went all around china teaching people to be enlightened. Anyway, me and Hai have finally reached our destination. My mom’s old house is mine now, and I am ready to start a new life here. Before I left, Ai Chen, (The Rice farmer) showed me how to make noodles. Of course, I was amazing at it and I prepared them for dinner tonight. Ok, maybe I didn’t and I just bought them, but hey, its the thought that counts, right? I am going to pray to Buddha tonight. Maybe I’ll even offer him some prunes. Or maybe I’ll just eat them. But after 4 weeks getting from Wuhan to Shanghai, its been a memorable experience full of great (and not so great) people.

No comments:

Post a Comment