Sunday 22 March 2015

Edna Post 2

Blog Post 2
April 21, 329 BC

Its the afternoon right now and I was out in the field for a while with Ai Chen (The woman) harvesting rice for the better part of the day. I am DEFINITELY never going to become a rice farmer. We worked in the field gathering rice next to the Yangtze river, and all though the scenery was beautiful, I certainly did not feel all that beautiful when we were done. Ai Chen told me that as soon as I leave, is should check out the Sheshan mountain.She says that the grass there looks greener than her farm in spring.  Anyways, after helping them out I had to visit the nearest boat seller. I didn’t buy a boat, but I was able to get someone to take me to the border of the city. The man’s name was Da Feng, and it was going to take a day just to get to our destination. Da’s canoe was made of  wood, and was barely big enough for the both of us.
“Here.” Da says as he hands me an oar.
I take the oar and get in the boat.
“It will take the rest of the day to get to where you want to go, so I suggest you put you back into it.”
Thats when I realized this was gonna be a LONG ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment