Sunday 22 March 2015

Edna Post 1

Puppets Pilgrimage

DAY 1
April 20, 329 BC

As I get out of the wagon, I notice many farmers harvesting rice outside.. My journey started this morning in Wuhan. I am taking whatever means possible of transportation to get to Shanghai. There, I would use the money I had inherited from my parents to make a home. But I would have to plan this carefully, because I would need all the money I could save for my new life in Shanghai And my first job was to find a place to stay. I see a small family outside of  a small wood and mud house, with a small fire pit in the middle. The family looks at me and smiles. Their clothes were worn down from work in the fields, and were torn and ripped. Rice farmers perhaps. I walk up to the family and introduce myself.
“Hello.” I say.
“I am looking for a place to stay. I’m hopin’ you three whippersnappers would help me out.”
“Sure. We could always use help out in the fields. What is your name?” The woman asks me.
“My name is Edna, and its a deal! I say.
Now the man is telling me to follow him. He is leading me to a room with a small bed.
“You will be sleeping here.” The man says.
“Hmmph. It’ll do.” I tell him.
I start putting my stuff down on the bed, but the man stops me.
“Oh, thats my child’s bed. You will be sleeping on the floor.” He tells me.
I can’t believe someone would even have the nerve to tell me, Edna, that I have to sleep on the floor. Of course I didn’t have anywhere else to stay, and it would be getting dark out soon.... So, what do I have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment